Timberland Comes to Westfield Stratford City
Categories: Hikers to Handsewns: Products & Design, Making Our Difference: TBL CSR, Who We Are, What We Do: TBL Culture & People
We are pleased to announce the opening of a new retail store within Westfield Stratford City in East London – gateway to the Olympic Stadium!
Timberland Stratford City
London is the host city for the 2012 Olympic and Para-Olympic Games; the new Westfield Stratford City is one of Europe’s largest urban shopping centres, and is situated adjacent to the Olympic Park. Westfield Stratford City is home to 300 fashion, food and lifestyle brands and 50 restaurants, and has fantastic transport links with Stratford Regional Station, which sees 58 trains going to and from central London every hour.
Stratford City also boasts some impressive environmental and sustainability statistics:
- 75% of all Stratford City’s electrical power will be met through an on-site Combined Cooling, Heat and Power Plant (CCHP)
- Use of natural light, effective insulation, high efficiency lighting, heating and cooling and control of solar gain will ensure the buildings are 10% more energy efficient than required by building regulations
- Efficient building design and on-site CCHP will help achieve carbon reduction targets of 50% by 2020
- A consolidated waste management system will recycle / recover 50% of retail waste
- Suitable roofs have been designated as ecological brown roofs to encourage wildlife and reduce rain water run-off
- A 253,000 sq ft rainwater harvesting system is incorporated into the main retail centre
The store introduces a new global retail concept that re-imagines the retail experience for Timberland. It is a “box within a box” concept that brings the brand to life in an engaging and emotional way – essentially bringing the outdoors indoors! The retail experience was designed to emotionally connect with consumers, not only inspiring them with the great outdoors but also equipping them with the gear to get out and enjoy it. The 2500+ sq ft store has a two-story glass fascia and incorporates portions of our iconic tree logo as part of the store front design.
Our new retail concept aims to bring the outdoors in!
We think the Stratford City store succeeds in engaging consumers with our brand and our product in an authentic, approachable way … but we’d love to hear from you! London-area readers, stop by our new store and then tell us what you think.